What are we communicating?
- When we communicate, we should know what point we are trying to get across to our audience.
Why are we communicating?
- Are we aiming at humoring our audience by telling a funny story? Are we attempting to persuade someone to do something?
Who is our audience?
- Are they a group of doctors? Is it a family member? A friend? Three local politicians?
What are their expectations?
- What are they expecting to learn, hear, or gain?
How are we communicating?
- In person? Through a screen? By speech? Through text message? Via email?
When we can answer the above questions confidently and with certainty, our communication with the outside world will become clearer.